Education and Health are critical areas for Tanzania to invest in for sustainable development according to the Worldbank. Hope Tanzania Australia has been actively supporting the Southern Tanzania communities of Isange and Mwakaleli in these areas since 2009.
We are Australia based and achieve our projects through the contributions from members. These are monetary and also in-kind with their donation of time and resources. We work with a community committee in Tanzania that includes a pastor, ward administrator and respected elders. This committee identifies the community needs and assesses the capacity of the community to support projects. By fostering ownership, we rely on and trust the community to deliver.
Community commitment, member contributions, grants and other funding make our projects possible. We are a non-profit organisation and manage Hope with high efficiency. A Membership Fee of $10 covers most of our administration costs. Join Hope here
Our Committee brings a wide area of experience and knowledge to Hope with backgrounds in Health, Education, Finance and Entrepreneurship. They also have a good understanding of the Tanzania political, economic and social environment which equips them to guide Hope into the future.
- President – Atu Mwakasendo – Environmental Science, Psychology
- Treasurer – Amani Mwakasendo – Finance, Systems, Infrastructure
- Secretary/Public Officer – Carina Bekkers – Human Resources, Learning and Development, Social Entrepreneurship, Analytics
- Member – Samuel Mwakasendo – Frontline Health, Emergency medical
- Member – Yona Mwakasendo – Events, Hospitality