Education and Health are critical areas for Tanzania to invest in to support it’s sustainable development as per a Worldbank press release in 2019. Hope Tanzania Australia has been active in these areas since 2009.
We are Australia based and achieve projects through monetary contributions from members, and also through the donation of their time and resources when needed. We work with a community committee in Tanzania that includes a pastor, ward administrator and respected elders. This committee identifies the community needs and assesses the capacity of the community to support projects. By creating ownership, we rely and trust the community to deliver.
Community commitment, member contributions, grants and other funding make projects possible. We are a non-profit organisation, transparent in our allocation of funds and manage Hope with high efficiency. A Membership Fee of $10 mostly cover our administrative costs. Support Hope with $10 here
Our Committee brings a wide area of experience and knowledge to Hope. Members have backgrounds in Health, Education, Finance and Entrepreneurship. Furthermore, they also have a good understanding of the Tanzania political, economic and social landscape. This equips them to guide Hope into the future.
- President – Atu Mwakasendo – Environmental Science, Psychology
- Treasurer – Amani Mwakasendo – Finance, Systems, Infrastructure
- Secretary/P/O – Carina Bekkers – HR, Learning & Development, Social Entrepreneurship, Analytics
- Member – Samuel Mwakasendo – Frontline Health, Emergency medical
- Member – Yona Mwakasendo – Events, Hospitality